History

Like many other fire departments in the nation, the Forney Fire Department's roots lie in volunteerism. The Forney Fire Department has been in service since the early 1900's and was an all volunteer department until 2001, when the City hired the first paid firefighter. Today, the Forney Fire Department paid staff consists of 15 firefighters, 6 fire driver/operators, 6 lieutenants, one administrative assistant, one fire investigator/inspector, one fire marshal, one captain and one fire chief.

The department serves the City of Forney, Town of Talty and Kaufman County Emergency Services District #6, that combine to almost 80 square miles.

On April 1, 2017 the Forney Fire Department opened Fire Station #2 @ 980 Reeder Lane. 

The Forney Fire Department has three pumper trucks, one 2,000 gallon tanker/pumper, one quint ladder truck with a 75-foot ladder, one brush truck, one rescue/medic truck, two ATV's one 4x4 truck, four staff vehicles and one 12k volt generator trailer.

Old Fire Image 2
Forney Fire Deptartment Farmers National Bank
Old Fire Image 1