Activate Utilities

External Utilities 

External utilities are services provided by organizations other than the City of Forney including gas, electricity, phone, and cable television. However, in some locations there may only be one provider, so we encourage all residents to check with their HOA for a list of service providers as well. The City provides water, wastewater, trash, and recycling services. For more information regarding these internal services, visit the Trash/Recycling page or the Water/Wastewater page.

Gas Companies

Atmos Energy

To report a gas leak:
1.866.322.8667 or call 911

Electric Transmission and Distribution Companies

Listed below are the current Electric Transmission and Distribution Utility Companies serving Forney. These deliver electricity, respond to service interruptions, and maintain the poles, street lights, and wires in the town. If you are in the Electric Transmission and Distribution area for ONCOR, you can choose ONCOR or you have the power to choose to buy your electricity from a different retail electric provider. For choices available to you and rate comparisons, go to the “Power to Choose” website at


For service, reporting power outages, street light outages, please call 1.888.313.4747