Forney Community Cam Program
Forney Community Cam is the Forney Police Department's latest collaboration with the community. In an effort to deter crime in our community, we are partnering with citizens in the City who have cameras at their residence or business.
Video footage is increasingly becoming an invaluable asset in identifying suspects and establishing leads in criminal cases. We invite you to join us in our mission to provide the highest level of service in our community.
How does the "Forney Community Cam" work?
There are many businesses and homeowners who have surveillance systems. These owners can privately register their homes and businesses with the Forney Police Department. If a crime occurs near one of the registered homes or businesses, the footage could be voluntarily provided to the department in an attempt to aid in the apprehension and conviction of involved parties.
There are three easy steps:
1. REGISTER: Registration takes only a few minutes. You will provide basic information such as your address and where your camera(s) are located. There is no cost to register and ALL FORNEY COMMUNITY CAM information is kept confidential. To register for Forney Community Cam, click here.
2. VERIFICATION: Once you have completed and submitted the registration form, a member of the Forney Police Department will follow up with you to confirm the registration.
3. CALL TO ACTION: In the event there is a criminal incident in the vicinity of the location you registered, a member of the Forney Police Department will contact you. The member may request a copy of the video in an effort to assist with the investigation.
Registering your information DOES NOT provide the Forney Police Department with direct access to your camera(s). You will only be contacted if it is believed your camera could contain evidence relevant to a criminal investigation. Your registration can be removed at any time by contacting the Forney Police Department and requesting your information be deleted from the program. All Forney Community Cam information is kept confidential.
Information provided to the Forney Police Department regarding your camera system will be utilized for official use only. Your personal information will remain confidential and not be distributed except as required by law or court order. All Forney Community Cam users agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Forney Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of an investigation or criminal proceeding.
2. If necessary, a member of the Forney Police Department will contact you directly, using the information provided on this site, to request the appropriate video surveillance footage.
3. Under no circumstance shall registrants construe they are acting as an agent and/or employee of the City of Forney and/or the Forney Police Department through the Forney Community Cam program.
4. Under no circumstance shall the Forney Police Department utilize any information obtained to view footage/feeds directly from cameras owned by registrants.